LEMON & THYME SHORTBREAD
115g Soft Butter
70g Caster sugar
Zest of one large lemon
1 Tablespoon fish squeezed lemon juice
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
170g Plain Flour
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Line a tray with parchment paper
- Beat the butter and sugar together until soft and fluffy.
- Scrape down the bowl, next add your lemon zest ,chopped thyme and lemon juice.
- Finally gradually add your flour spoon by spoon until completely combined.
- Turn your dough out onto a floured worktop and gently roll into a ball, slightly flatten and roll out.
- If your dough is a little tacky cover in clingfilm and chill for ten minutes in the fridge.
- Roll your dough out between two cookie spacers or roll ¼ inch thick. Cut our using your favourite cookie cutter, I use a 2” love heart cookie cutter.
- Transfer your cookies to your tray and bake for 10minutes or if chilled maybe 12minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer your cookies to a wire rack to cool.