Jun 02 , 2020
200g Caster Sugar
200g Soft Butter
200g Self-Raising Flour
4 Eggs (Large)
3 Tablespoons Buttermilk ( or milk will do )
2 Tablespoons Espresso powder
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
800g White Callebaut chocolate drops
1 Tablespoon Espresso powder ( two teaspoons water to dissolve)
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Prepare your cupcake tray with cases
- Place your soft butter in your mixer and add your caster sugar, blend for a minute or two just so it blends together.
- Next add your eggs one by one until completely mixed.
- Stop your mixer and scrape down your bowl and at the same time add your flour alternating with your buttermilk coffee mix.
- Using a cupcake scoop, scoop your batter into your cupcake tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 20minutes
- Allow the cupcakes to cool on a wire rack before icing.
Bring your cream to boiling point , leave for 20 seconds before pouring over the white chocolate.
Leave for another 20 seconds before you stir. You will have a silky glossy chocolate ganache.
Make sure all the white chocolate nibs have melted, if not put back in the microwave and zap for 10 second intervals until the chocolate has melted. The residual heat will continue to melt the chocolate.
Add your dissolved espresso to your ganache and stir .
Leave your ganache to cool in the fridge for 30minutes or longer if needs be and then whip until soft peaks form ready for piping.
Using a 1M Wilton nozzle fill your piping bag and pipe away a swirl of delicious coffee ganache, top with a chocolate coffee bean