125g Butter (room temp)
225g Caster Sugar
280g Self-raising Flour
1 tablespoon Ground ginger
1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
2-3 Tablespoons Golden syrup (I used 3 for a crunchier biscuit
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C
- Get your cookie tray lined with parchment or a silicone sheet (makes life easier)
- Mix your dry ingredients , flour, ginger, bicarbonate etc in a bowl
- Beat your sugar, butter and golden syrup until mixed, then add your egg and finally your dry flour mix.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or melon baller scoop out some cookie dough.
- Place 6 cookies four fingers apart on your cookie tray.
- leave plenty of room as these cookies will spread.
- Bake for 15minutes, check after 12minutes if they are golden brown.
- They puff up while they bake but collapse when they are removed from the oven to cool.
- Leave on the tray for about a minute before you move them as the cookie dough is very soft and floppy. They firm up as they cool .
- Place on a rack to cool completely while you click the kettle on for a brew! Perfect match.